Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It´s my party . . .

Luckily, there was no crying for my birthday this year! I actually had a really great time. Let´s see . . . I can´t think of anything too interesting that happened during la semana. En general, I went al clase y came home to chill with the fam or do homework. Oh, we did have 3 French girls living with us. They were fun, pretty shy and they spoke better English than Spanish, pero they were visiting Spain. I had my first test! It turned out fine, as well.
Back to my birthday festivities, on Friday, we went to a place called Tempo (musica y tapas) because they were having a Bienvenidos party for all the students coming to the Universidad de Cantabria. So it was a Spanish bar full of American students, ugh. I keep thinking I´m going to enjoy seeing more Americans and then I´m reminded how much I don´t really like them (at least the typical party scene). But then the cute French boy, who told us about the party originally, told us that the party was leaving to another bar. Turns out the other bar is "our" typical hangout Eldorado. I didn´t stay too long since I had to get up the next morning to get EMILY!!! So I did a celebratory tequila shot (Merijke´s first shot) and headed out pretty quick.
On Saturday, Emily got here around noon. I got up around noon. When she got here, of course I showed her all around the city, and since I won the family lottery, my fam let her stay with us as well as eat lunch (big meal) here. For my bday celebrations, we went and got tapas at the most recommended place in town. ¡Que rica! Fritos variados and un vaso de vino tinto. Yum! (And the pics are already up!)  Then we went for salsa lessons at another local joint (super fun, except for the few creepy guys). By this point, Merijke had to catch the night bus, because it doesn´t run very much. But Emily and I went on a mission to find free actual bday shots. No luck on the free, but shots none the less. (Luckily it´ll only be 9 mos. before I´m legal in the states ;) Then to bed since once again I was gonna wake up at a reasonable hour.
We went to mass at the Jesuit Church. (Seriously, it´s call the Jesuit Church). Then we got breakfast (nepoliatano and cafe con leche). Emily and I returned home and had a delicious little lunch and then . . . my family had a cake for me! They put 20 candles on it and everything! First they sang in Spanish, then English, then a little diddy (similar to For he´s a jolly good fellow). And they gave me lovely presents! A pretty bufanda and some pulseras. I very much like both. And later I walked Emily to the bus station where I treated myself to some candied nuts. All in all, it was a great cumpleaños!

By the way, we have 3 new French girls this week! I´m sure it´s gonna be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment